Our ancestors had learned to harness nature’s abundant power in all the right ways! From growing plants for food, clothes, and shelter to extracting the medicinal value out of them, they got it covered. However, as the law of physics applies, everything must be connected and balanced. As they say, “Where there’s good, there’s bad too. That’s just nature’s way.”
Plants serve as the natural source of oxygen and provide adhesives, furniture, spices, and condiments to countless communities. Although, it’s not all sunshine and rainbows when it comes to that. Weeds do come along the way to disrupt the flourished growth of plants. All this time, we’ve scrounged the web and set sail to find the Best Weed Killer for Arizona. Read further to find the perfect solution to the free rein of weeds in your lawns!
Now, one may ask, how much damage can weed cost, though? Could it be that bad? The answer is a definite yes! Not only do they take up the much-needed space from plants, but they also rob them of essential nutrients. They also bring crop diseases into the picture and reduce crop yields.
According to WoodHood, in places like the state of Arizona, where there’s a pattern of high density and frequent uprising of weeds, it’s an actual hassle. The increased production of weeds in Arizona is possibly due to the climatic conditions. However, if you’re an Arizonian dealing with weeds being an eyesore, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered. Stay tuned to find your best fit!
Best Weed Killer For Arizona: Guide to Help You Choose Better
Weeds react once they sprout and release certain chemicals as the by-product. Due to this secretion, the soil loses fertility, and damaged crops are harvested. This causes many unforeseen troubles for the cultivators and, ultimately, the consumers. While there are multiple home remedies for small weed saplings that you can find on the internet, success isn’t guaranteed.
When looking at solutions for the best weed and grass killer for Arizona, you must look at the weeds’ density, growth time, and immunity. Even though multiple homemade weed killer avenues exist for this, the weed family may resist the formulation. Ultimately, this may result in dissatisfying results.
One effective method is to stir the surface layer of the soil if possible. This would uproot the weeds from the base and stop their rampant capture of nutrients and space. A regular shovel or a garden fork could do the job for you. However, it does cause minimal harm to the plants when they are in full glory before harvest.
This is not very profitable to the farmers who cultivate expensive crops as each crop grain could cost a lot. Therefore, we’ve brought you eleven of the best weed killers for Arizona that’ll do the job with minimal damage to the production cycle. Check them out to see which one satisfies your needs perfectly!
Ortho GroundClear Year Long Vegetation Killer1 (Popular In Arizona)
Ortho is a brand that has been in the market for quite some time. They’ve garnered a loyal following through quality service to their customers. The Ortho GroundClear Year Long Vegetation Killer1 is a chemical liquid with a one-gallon volume that kills weeds and grasses to the root. This concentrated formula guarantees zero regrowth of weeds for at least a year with a single coat application of the product.
As per the brand’s claims, it can be sprayed on driveways, sidewalks, gravel areas, rock, and desert landscapes, under decks, parking areas, and along fences and curbs. One gallon of the product covers at least three hundred square feet. Each bottle of the tank sprayer solution has 5—3 gallons of ready-to-use vegetation killer covering up to sixteen hundred square feet.
- It kills weeds and grasses in 3 hours after application.
- It can be used on various types of landscapes.
- It can be used for spot treatment.
- It is also rainproof in one hour.
- Cheaper alternatives can replace it.
- The temperature is a pre-emergent factor for the application. Weather must be dry and warm (~70 degrees F).
Natria 100532524 Grass & Weed Control with Root Kill Herbicide Weed Killer
Herbicides could broadly be classified into two categories – selective and non-selective. Selective herbicides target only specific types of plants, like grass weeds, leaving the rest of the lawn area undamaged. However, non-selective herbicides are chemical variants that kill any plant they come in contact with. Natria Grass and Weed Control is a non-selective herbicide that claims to kill weeds, grasses, and mosses like crabgrass, poison ivy, clover, etc. The formula covers up to four hundred and fifty square feet.
For spot treatment, it is advised to apply the solution to the center of the plant and let it rest for twenty fours. This one hundred and twenty-eight fluid ounces of liquid can last multiple applications. It contains the effectiveness of Ammoniated soap, Maleic hydrazide, and a combination of base herbicides. Many researchers have rated this as one of the best weed killers for Arizona plantations.
- It does not stain the surfaces.
- You can resow the area after five days of treatment.
- Gets rid of biennial and perennial weeds in under twenty-four hours.
- The non-selective nature of the herbicide may not be suitable for all crops.
Spectracide Weed & Grass Killer 2
Spectracide Weed & Grass Killer is another best weed-killer spray you can invest in. The leaflet with the product suggests that you can use it on driveways, pavements, fences, trees, flower beds, shrubs, and other areas in your lawns and yards.
To avoid any damage to ornamental plants, it is recommended by the creators to cover the plants with a sheet of cardboard or plastic. You will notice that the weeds are yellowing or browning three hours after application. Soon, they may wilt and fall off themselves. The total time of removal would depend on the temperature, weed type, and application rate.
- Rainfall or watering after fifteen minutes of formula application will not reduce the effectiveness.
- You can replant ornamental flowers after just one day.
- Easy to use and fast-acting solution to remove weeds and avoid plant diseases.
- You would have to wait for seven days before resowing regular plants.
- One must be careful when using it in lawns with sensitive plant structures.
Bonide (BND0613) Ready to Use Chickweed, Clover, and Oxalis Weed Killer
If you’ve got pets, there’s one that would constantly worry you – weed infection amongst pets. Ingestion of chickweed is the primary cause of nausea, diarrhea, barfing and upset stomach amongst dogs. This is due to the high amount of saponins in the plant. Wild clovers are poisonous too. ASPCA’s website states Oxalis is toxic to dogs, cats, and horses.
The calcium oxalates present in it are likely to cause tremors, kidney failure, and excessive salivation. The Bonide (BND0613) Ready to Use Chickweed, Clover, and Oxalis Weed Killer is the perfect solution to the problem. This one hundred and twenty-eight fluid ounces solution contains a mix of triclopyr, Dicamba, and base herbicides. It kills a wide array of weeds but not desirable lawn plants.
- It works overnight and causes no damage to regular plants.
- Becomes rainproof in under an hour of application.
- Experts in the field highly recommend it.
- The product may be a little on the expensive side as opposed to its contemporaries.
Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action – Weed Killer & Preventer
If you’re trying to eliminate dandelions in your fields, the three-in-one Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action Weed Killer and Preventer is your new best friend. Not only does it kills weeds and prevent crabgrass, but it also feeds grass to build thick, green lawns.
The twenty pounds bag of the mixture can treat up to four thousand square feet of area. Additionally, applying or spraying the mix in the early spring hours when dandelions are actively growing would give excellent results.
- Works on removing English daisies, dandelions, dollarweed, poison ivy, etc.
- Covers a large surface area in one recommended application size.
- The application must be made in two cycles, unlike the other alternatives.
Preen 2464110 Garden Weed Preventer
In some cases, you would instead want to stop the next batch of weeds from growing again and then try to destroy the current one with your plants. Preen 246110 Garden Weed Preventer does precisely that. The weight varies from five pounds to thirty-two pounds depending on the purchase scale. It is considered the best weed killer for Arizona for two hundred established flowers, vegetables, trees, and shrubs by many locals.
You would have to remove the weeds manually and then mulch a three-inch layer to maintain the moisture in the soil. Sprinkle the solution onto the mulch. Activate the formula by spraying the coating with water. It prevents weeds from growing for at least three months.
- Keeps the growth of unwanted plants at bay for five months.
- Comes with an easy-to-use flip-top applicator.
- New plastic containers are bought for each refill. This could be harmful to the environment.
- Manual tilling of remnants of weeds must be done before application.
You Might Find It Interesting: RM18 Weed Killer Review
Southern Ag 13503 Lawn Weed Killer with TREMEC 32oz Herbicide
Southern Agricultural Insecticides, Inc. has been a trusted supplier of pesticides, fertilizers, potting soils, etc., in Florida and North Carolina for ages. Many landscape suppliers and retail garden centers swear by it and actively advertise its usage. Also, the product works for nine different turf types.
Its active ingredients include Dicamba, Mecoprop, 2,4-D, surfactant, and base herbicides. A container of thirty-two fluid ounces and one and a half pounds covers four hundred square feet.
- Strong activation by three proven weed killers.
- It works on multiple turf types.
- The product is easy to use with hose end sprayers.
- It may kill the grass at times too.
BioAdvanced Weed and Feed, 3-in-1 Weed Killer and Lawn Fertilizer for Southern Lawns
The BioAdvanced Weed and Feed, 3-in-1 Weed Killer, and Lawn Fertilizer for Southern Lawns do the work of three different repellants. First, it kills the weeds like dandelions, clover, dollarweed, etc. Secondly, it feeds the green grass with the right amount of fertilizers and allows the healthy growth of plants. Finally, it prevents weeds like crabgrass and clovers from growing for a minimum period of six months.
This is an alternative to the Preen 246110 Garden Weed Preventer. The BioAdvanced Weed and Feed, 3-in-1 Weed Killer, and Lawn Fertilizer cover ten thousand square feet with one pack. Additionally, it comes in the form of granules that must be dissolved before use. Active ingredients like Indaziflam, Dicamba, and Penoxsulam make it potent.
- Does the three-in-one action without any hassle. No additional investments would be required.
- Prevents broadleaf for six months.
- It costs about a hundred dollars and has cheaper alternatives.
- The regulatory standards restrict it in quite a few countries and states.
CELSIUS WG Herbicide by Bayer
CELSIUS WG Herbicide is a compound mixture of Theincarbazone-methyl and Dicamba that weights about ten pounds. The product works on both spurweeds and burweeds. It is considered one of the best weed killers for Arizona when it comes to dollar weeds, but not crabgrass.
It does not damage the turfs even at high temperatures. After an hour of application, the solution starts to redden or yellow the leaves.
- It has a long shelf life.
- Reviews suggest that it works well for zoysia grass if used as directed.
- Some reviews suggest it doesn’t work too well on Dichondra or pony feet.
- The product is expensive.
Fertilome (11485) Brush Killer Stump Killer
Growing plants after stump removal are incredibly tricky at times. Fertilome manufactures this product to end woody plants and stumps like vines and weeds. This one gallon of liquid has the active ingredient triclopyr, an organic compound in the pyridine group that acts as a fungicide.
Applying it within forty-five minutes after cutting the stump gives the best results. A list of all the weeds, woody plants, and vines it can kill is mentioned on the back label of the product. It is a contender for the best weed killer for Arizona!
- The concentrate is strong enough to kill a wide variety of weeds.
- It is a little less expensive as compared to stump grinding.
- The product works well for wild violets too.
- Wilting takes about one to six weeks to occur.
Roundup Ready-To-Use Poison Ivy Plus Tough Brush Killer for Weeds, Grass, Stumps, and Vines
This product comes in the form of a twenty-four ounces spray bottle. Poison ivy or poison oak is a well-populated plant in Arizona owing to the dry climate there.
The makers of the product guarantee that the solution will kill more than two hundred listed weeds and grasses. In case of unsatisfactory results, charges would be refunded based on valid proof.
- It becomes rainproof in under half an hour.
- According to the ratings and reviews on E-commerce sites, it has good value for money and is easy to use.
- Overspraying will kill the grass instantly, so proper care must be taken regarding the application cycles.
Closure | Best Weed Killer For Arizona
We came across several competent contenders on our quest to find the best weed killer for Arizona in this post. While each of the suggestions mentioned above has its approach to eradicating weeds, we’ve identified the top three prospects for you! Ortho GroundClear Year Long Vegetation Killer1, Scotts Turf Builder Triple Action Weed Killer and Preventer, BioAdvanced Weed and Feed, 3-in-1 Weed Killer and Lawn Fertilizer for Southern Lawns could be your best choices according to our research!
With this overview, we hope to have cleared all your doubts regarding the best weed killer for Arizona. However, if you have any unanswered queries or doubts free to use the comment section below; we would love to hear from you.