Organic farming is on the rise, and some people consider it quite profitable because organic food is more appealing to consumers. The healthy and ethical choice is good enough, resulting in numerous benefits overall. In this article, you will come to know the features and benefits of organic farming.
Highlight on the key features of organic farming
- The fundamental features of organic farming are based on the maintenance of the natural system that comes inclusive of the natural livestock and the crop production through the submission to the organic system plan.
- There is also a detailed record-keeping system that can ensure that the products from the point of production to consumption completely prevent synthetic chemicals. So there won’t be any chances of contamination.
- Organic weed and pest control also make these farming standards the best. Organic farming is completely dependent on beneficial I parasites and insects like beneficial soil microorganisms, birds, proper sanitation, and similar other entities.
- Organic farming is also dependent on the nourishment of the soil by using the compost natural mineral powder such as green manure. There is the incorporation of crop rotation and intercropping with minimal tillage-based facilities.
- The maintenance of the ecological balance is one of the vivid features of organic farming. Organic farming methods are the best fit for the ecological balance as well as cycles in nature.
- Organic farming can ensure biodiversity while increasing productivity and resilience while contributing to the healthy farming system.
Highlight on the benefits of the organic farming
- Reduce exposure to pesticides and chemicals
Organic farming is good enough because there is no involvement of pesticides and chemical use. Pesticides are the ones that are responsible for the disease. It has resistance to building up in the plant’s weeds and the plant-eating insects like bacteria and fungi. The pesticides and chemicals on the plants can contaminate the soil, water supply, and air. For keeping away such chances, organic farming is the best.
- Combating erosion
Organic farming is the best one for building healthy soil while also helping combat serious soil erosion and land issues. Certain revelations also show how adjoining the organic and chemically treated wheat fields can give the results of the organic field featuring around eight more inches of the topsoil compared to the chemically treated field.
So in case you are not concerned about the soil, you should consider being concerned about the same. Erosion issues are extremely serious, thus affecting the human’s food supply and land /with organic farming, all such problems will be kept at a lower limit.
- Building of the healthy soil
For growing healthy food, you will need healthy soil. When your soil is already laden with harmful pesticides and chemicals, you cannot expect good crops to grow. That said, with organic farming, you can rest assured that there won’t be such problems at all.
- Fighting the effects of global warming
Global warming is on the rise. Organic farming is good enough for keeping it away because it can ensure the reduction of carbon dioxide while also slowing climate change.
- Organic farming is good enough for supporting water conservation as well as water health.
The dwindling water supplies alongside the poor water health can be serious threats in the long run. Whenever the water supply is at risk, the people and the planet are usually suffering. Organic farming is the best strategy that can help in conserving water.
- Discouraging the algal bloom for the environment as well as the marine animals and the organisms
With organic farming the algal bloom can be kept at a low stage. The primary human-based cause of the algal bloom is the petroleum-based fertilization that is used in the case of conventional farming. With organic farming, you can keep away all such changes.
The benefits of organic farming are evident. So, one should incorporate this changing mode of farming to overcome problems. Organic farming proves to be the integrated farming system for sustainability, enhancing soil fertility and biological diversity. That said, gradually, the involvement of organic farming strategies is increasing for a better environment and health.